The clock is ticking toward the start of Super Bowl XLVIII. When the hype ends and the game finally begins, here are 10 predictions for what will happen.
1. Peyton Manning will actually need his shoulder pads for this game. He’ll be sacked for the first time in the playoffs.
2. Neither team will score 30 points. Both defenses are playing too well to let that happen.
3. Wes Welker will catch at least six passes. He could be the matchup that gives the Seahawks’ secondary the most problems.
4. Manning won’t be afraid to throw at Richard Sherman, who will be called for at least one pass interference penalty. However, Sherman will also have chances to intercept one of Manning’s “ducks.”
5. Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks will rush for at least 75 yards, and so will Knowshon Moreno of the Broncos.
6. Percy Harvin of the Seahawks will be a factor in the return game, but not so much in Seattle’s offense.
7. The Seahawks will try at least two deep passes against Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey.
8. Manning will have at least 12 more passing attempts than Wilson. Manning needs to carry the Broncos’ offense, while Wilson does not.
9. Russell Wilson will scramble for at least two first downs. His legs are going to be a problem for the Broncos.
10. This game will be decided in the last five minutes. It’s hard to picture either team being blown out.