Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Chris Berman of ESPN:
CHRIS BERMAN (ESPN)
1. San Francisco 49ers - As long as Justin Smith is ready to roll for
2. Denver Broncos - Eleven straight wins by seven or more points -
only the third team ever. Congrats to John Fox on 100 wins.
3. New England Patriots - Third highest-scoring team ever pitch a
shutout in finale.
4. Green Bay Packers - Reward for going 9-2 down the stretch facing
Adrian Peterson three times in six games.
5. Atlanta Falcons - An allowable mulligan, we think. Nobody needs a
playoff win worse than Falcons.
6. Seattle Seahawks - Only undefeated team at home, but playoffs will
take them away. It's OK, they're ready.
7. Baltimore Ravens - Whatever Week 16 formula was, find it. Ray Lewis
returns for playoffs a large plus.
8. Houston Texans - Houston hopes it doesn't have a problem.
9. Washington Redskins - Seventh straight win since bipartisan
politics at its best.
10. Minnesota Vikings - Congrats to Adrian Peterson on an amazing game
and season. Congrats to the Vikings on going from three wins to 10.
11. Chicago Bears - Ten wins usually enough for postseason. Instead,
their coach gets fired. Tough business.
12. Cincinnati Bengals - Hottest team in playoffs nobody is talking
13. Indianapolis Colts - Just when the story couldn't get any better,
it did by leaps and bounds. Congrats to coach Chuck Pagano and all the
14. New York Giants - Coulda, shoulda, woulda.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Odd not seeing them in postseason.
16. New Orleans Saints - Sean Payton will be back. So will Saints in
17. Carolina Panthers - Ended season with four straight wins.
18. Dallas Cowboys - .500 for season, and 21st Century.
19. San Diego Chargers - A sharp left turn for the powder blue, as two
good football men are let go.
20. St. Louis Rams - Took until Week 17 to lose a division game.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - A nice finish to what once was a season
filled with hope.
22. Miami Dolphins - Made strides.
23. Detroit Lions - Lost eight straight to finish. C'mon Man!
24. Cleveland Browns - Time for Paul Brown?
25. Buffalo Bills - We'll try circling a different wagon.
26. New York Jets - An offensive nightmare.
27. Philadelphia Eagles - Can only hope to get a coach that
accomplishes what Andy Reid did.
28. Tennessee Titans - At least the music is good in Nashville.
29. Arizona Cardinals - 4-0 to 5-11.
30. Oakland Raiders - Black Hole still black.
31. Kansas City Chiefs - First draft pick will be fun.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - The weather is nice there.